Re: How to generate a config.h with ONLY my #defines?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: How to generate a config.h with ONLY my #defines?
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2011 13:25:27 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 21 Oct 2011, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:

I want to control the exact contents of this file to only hold the
explicit AC_DEFINE's I do in configure.ac so I can avoid any symbol
collisions.

Is this possible somehow?

Yes, and no.  This is how I do it in GraphicsMagick:

# Generate configure header.
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS([magick/magick_config.h magick/magick_config_api.h])

The first listed configuration header is automatically managed by Autoconf and includes whatever it prefers. The second listed configuration header is managed by me and requires a manually-maintained magick_config_api.h.in file, which must be a subset of configuration defines from the first listed file.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn