RE: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.

From: Tal Hadad
Subject: RE: distclean rule works well, but distcheck said it doesn't.
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 13:45:52 +0300

Hey again,
Even know I can, and most vala-based programs do this way, I want to have more
control on this.
It's not I don't trust automake, I just want that --enable-vala option would
work, so if is essential.

% ./configure --help
  --disable-vala          compile C source only, never compile with vala
                          (default: enabled if possible)
  --enable-vala           compile vala source to C, if possible (default: yes)

Why do I do this? First, there is no harm for letting the user decide.
Secondly, I use --disable-vala just to test weather gcc only would work.

Does my approach is wrong, or not recommended? Because as default, it will do
what you've said.

Tal