RE: cannot get the name of my app

From: Victor henri
Subject: RE: cannot get the name of my app
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 15:38:54 +0200

Hello Patrick and thank you for your answer

> > I'm on Ubuntu Linux and I use libbamf to get the current active app
> > name. It work with every running app, but not mine. It was working then
> > not anymore. The name I had first was " ", then "spectrum3d" (that is
> > the name of my app), then "Unnamed" now.
>
> I don't understand what you mean... If your app prints argv[0], you get
> "Unnamed" as the result?

 No print argv[0] works perfectly; I get the name of my app.

Bu I don't need to retrieve the name of my app, but the name of every active
app. Actually, I'm a multitoutch gesture (for touchscreen) engine; I need the
gestures to be applied only if my app is used; so I need to know the name of
every active app, not only mine. That what libbamf is supposed to do; it does
actually; it prints the name of every used app, but for mine, i only get
"Unnamed", or "Unnamed window" on another system.

Cheers

Victor