Re: HAVE_STDBOOL_H, AC_HEADER_STDBOOL, and AM_STDBOOL_H

From: Simon Josefsson
Subject: Re: HAVE_STDBOOL_H, AC_HEADER_STDBOOL, and AM_STDBOOL_H
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:45:07 +0100

Russ Allbery <address@hidden> writes:

> (Please cc me on responses as I'm not a member of the bug-gnulib mailing
> list.)
>
> Simon Josefsson <address@hidden> writes:
>> Ralf Corsepius <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> For real-world projects, gnulib often is not a viable alternative.
>
>> Could you explain why?  There are several real-world projects that use
>> gnulib, so I'm curious what the perceived reasons against it are.  I'm
>> genuinely interested in the answer to the question, it is not just
>> rethoric because I happen to disagree.
>
> Most of the code in gnulib is covered by the LGPL.  All of my projects are
> released under the MIT/X Consortium/Expat license or a two-clause BSD
> license.

Thanks for explaining -- I guess there are thus two rather different
license related reasons (proprietary coding and Expat coding) for not
using gnulib that boils down to the same reason really: to avoid the
LGPL.  If this is the only concern, I can understand it, but I maybe
incorrectly thought there were something more to it.

FWIW, I agree that it would be bad if autoconf pulled in LGPL code if it
was not asked to do so.

/Simon