Re: Diffing the results of conifgure

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Diffing the results of conifgure
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 14:22:13 +0200

Hello Philip, Stefano,

* Stefano Lattarini wrote on Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 10:53:15PM CEST:
> At Sunday 25 July 2010, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> > confdefs.h is one idea, but I'm not sure it captures *all* of the
> > state.  Does it?

No, it only captures the AC_DEFINE part, not the AC_SUBST part.
That part is also copied into config.log, but if you want to avoid
messing with extracting from that, you could probably use something
like this:

  autoconf --trace=AC_SUBST:\$% \
   | ./config.status --file=-

which is a documented way to get at the data, while ...

>   $ cat conf??????/subs.awk
>   BEGIN {
>   S["LTLIBOBJS"]=""
>   S["LIBOBJS"]=""

... this makes use of undocumented internal details.  ;-)