Re: configure cd'ing to home

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: configure cd'ing to home
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 16:12:35 +0200

Hi Sam,

* Sam Silla wrote on Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 01:31:27AM CEST:
> I'm getting the following error:
>
>  cd  && /bin/sh ./config.status Makefile
> /bin/sh: ./config.status: No such file or directory
>
> It seems the configure file is changing directories to home, which isn't
> correct. Any ideas what's wrong? I'm guessing the srcdir variable isn't
> being set properly.

Well, what exactly did you type to get the above ('make -e' by chance?)
and what is
  grep "^top_srcdir" Makefile
  grep "^top_srcdir" source_tree/Makefile.am
?

Which autoconf version (./config.status --version), automake version (head
Makefile), and make version do you use?

It could help to see the above happen with
  make SHELL="/bin/sh -x"