Configure script not at the root of src directory

From: scleung
Subject: Configure script not at the root of src directory
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:06:10 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

    Usually we use autoscan to scan the source directory structure to
generate configure.ac file and finally generate configure script in the root
of source directory.
    Now I want to put the scripts including configure to another directory
(i.e. in one of subdirectories of source directory). But the makefile.ins
which generated by automake can no longer call subdirectory ones.
What should I do to implement this directory structure?

Thanks!

scleung