reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h

From: Carsten Heinrici
Subject: reasons for having no inclusion guards in config.h
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2010 12:56:26 +0100

Hello,

again, while playing around with some compiler options for more strict
checks for analysis of exisiting code, I tripped over the config.h
which is missing inclusion guards.

I read in the changeload that there have been includiosn guards added
in 1996 but then removed again with some explanation, I did not
understand.

What would be wrong, if autoconf would guard the files.

Is there some possibility to have them applied anyway in case somebody
needs this behaviour?

Regards, Carsten