Re: AS_HELP_STRING in an m4 macro: different decription wrt arguments

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: AS_HELP_STRING in an m4 macro: different decription wrt arguments
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 00:38:44 -0500

Hello Ralf, Vincent,

On 1/26/10 12:09 AM, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
I assume you want $wanted_value to expand to either enabled or disabled?
Well, that cannot work: in the generated configure script, the --help
text comes before the code that actually deals with the command line
arguments.
Also, if your default value would depend on the configure command line,
then it wouldn't be the "default" value, right?

If we assume that $2 is a literal `yes' or `no', i.e., the value can be decided at autoconf time (rather than at configure time) it seems it should be possible to expand to enabled or disabled depending on the value of $2. I'm not sure, however, that assumption is true here. Is it? If so I think it should be possibe by replacing some of the shell code with m4 code.

Cheers,
Peter