Re: Time for a new release?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Time for a new release?
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 2010 20:15:37 +0100

Hi Paolo,

* Paolo Bonzini wrote on Sat, Jan 09, 2010 at 07:44:48PM CET:
> The last weeks have been calm and the "autoconf: AC_TYPE_INT32_T
> generates broken test?" bug is particularly serious.  What about a
> new release as soon as the pending documentation fixes are resolved.

I have a number of unfinished patches lying around waiting to be
finished and submitted for discussion; but I don't mind for any or
all of them to be postponed to after a release, except maybe those
that fix bugs.  I'll look into posting them this weekend.

> And what about calling it 3.0? :-)

Well, the changes over 2.65 aren't that earth-shattering, but there have
been good improvements before that.