Re: checking Mac OS X headers

From: Vincent Torri
Subject: Re: checking Mac OS X headers
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 20:20:12 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 14 Nov 2009, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

Here's the clue:

configure:11850: checking whether we are using the GNU Objective C compiler
configure:11869: gcc -c   conftest.m >&5
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1obj': execvp: No such file or directory
configure:11869: $? = 1

Your compiler doesn't speak Objective C.  Solution is to install the
respective frontend.

i don't have it and i don't want to install it. I would like to check the Mac OS X header only if an Objective C compiler is present, as i have to use an objective c compiler (hance the AC_LANG_PUSH in the code). But it seems that the use of m4_ifdef is not sufficient.

do you have an idea of how to do that ?

Vincent Torri