Re: project in multiply directories

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: project in multiply directories
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 09:54:59 +0200

Hello Maxim,

I recommend you to read the tutorial at
http://www.lrde.epita.fr/~adl/autotools.html . It addresses all of your
questions. See below:

> i am triing to produce such functionality:
> 1) source file from one subdirectory can include source file from another
> directory. For example, source file from base/err/err.cpp can include
> "utils/ascii_window.h" or include "ascii_window.h" (maybe second variant
>  is  better?)

You can refer to any subdirectory in the source with
$(srcdir)/your_subdirectory. For including purposes you'd use -
I$(srcdir)/directory.

> 2) all source files will be compile from all subdirectories

You can put full paths to these files in your Makefile.am or create one
Makefile.am for every subdirectory and refer each file by its name. See
SUBDIRS in the tutorial.

> 3) allow turn off compilation of some subdirectory. For example - user
>  haven't  installed lib sdl, but he have another supported lib (like
>  OpenGL). In makefile i must have some flag like "enable of compilation of
>  lib/sdl sources"

This is covered on page 92 of the tutorial, "Conditinals: usage"

>  4) object from lib/sdl must be compiled as shared lib,
>  and linked with main source file good.cpp

You can link with system libraries or with libraries created in your own
project.

Alberto