project in multiply directories

From: Feniks Gordon Freeman
Subject: project in multiply directories
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 00:45:19 +0300

Good Day, dear GNU community :-)

I can't find a solution for my problem. I have project on C++ language. All
sources in project stored in a directories. I am triing to write Makefile.am
and configure.ac files. Here is project struct:

.

|-- Makefile

|-- Makefile.am

|-- Makefile.in

|-- audio

|-- base

|   |-- Makefile.am

|   |-- err

|   |   |-- err.cpp

|   |   `-- err.h

|   |-- io_base.cpp

|   |-- io_base.h

|   |-- io_buf.h
|   |-- io_rc.cpp
|   `-- io_rc.h
|-- files
|-- game_base
|   |-- game_main.cpp
|   `-- game_main.h
|-- good.cpp
|-- graphic
|   |-- grp_base.h
|   |-- grp_color.h
|   |-- grp_coord.cpp
|   |-- grp_coord.h
|   |-- grp_line_cda.h
|   |-- grp_rect.h
|   `-- lib
|       `-- sdl
|           |-- sdl_base.cpp
|           |-- sdl_base.h
|           |-- sdl_image.cpp
|           |-- sdl_image.h
|           |-- sdl_screen.cpp
|           |-- sdl_screen.h
|           |-- sdl_surface.cpp
|           |-- sdl_surface.h
|           `-- sdl_utils.h
|-- io
|   `-- files
|-- math
|   `-- mth_utils.h
|-- network
|   `-- socks
|-- rc
`-- utils
    `-- text
        |-- ascii_window.cpp
        |-- ascii_window.h
        |-- regexp.cpp
        `-- regexp.h

i am triing to produce such functionality:
1) source file from one subdirectory can include source file from another
directory. For example, source file from base/err/err.cpp can include
"utils/ascii_window.h" or include "ascii_window.h" (maybe second variant is
better?)
2) all source files will be compile from all subdirectories
3) allow turn off compilation of some subdirectory. For example - user haven't
installed lib sdl, but he have another supported lib (like OpenGL). In
makefile i must have some flag like "enable of compilation of lib/sdl sources"
4) object from lib/sdl must be compiled as shared lib, and linked with main
source file good.cpp

I am realy crazy, i can't find any solution :-) . If you have some idea or
solution, please, help me.

With best wishes, Maxim Sditanov