Re: support for non-standard C compilers (without fopen, FILE*, ...)

From: Steffen Dettmer
Subject: Re: support for non-standard C compilers (without fopen, FILE*, ...)
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 11:49:20 +0200

Hi,

thanks for your quick reply.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 7:53 PM, <address@hidden> wrote:
> * Ralf Wildenhues wrote on Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 07:50:10PM CEST:
> > * Steffen Dettmer wrote on Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 05:12:31PM CEST:
> > > recent versions check if $CC supports fopen, FILE* and so on. This
> > > breaks environments that don't have <stdio.h> / libc.a.
> >
> > This is a 2.64 regression and has been fixed since in the git tree:
> > <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.bugs/6839/focus=6750>
> Please note that with this workaround, you may again have to work around
> this bug on systems like BG/L:
> <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.autoconf.patches/6656>

Do I understand correctly that this was a temporary change that
had been undone?

I did not understood the BlueGene thread. It was about to enable
cross compiling even when --build was forgotten? Would make not
much sense so surely I simply failed to understand?

Thank you very much for the complete work-around code. This is
really great, I just put it in. Very helpful and great to get a
turnkey-solution :-)

oki,

Steffen