Re: toplevel configure hits sed program length limit on HP-UX

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: toplevel configure hits sed program length limit on HP-UX
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 22:00:01 +0200

In fact, I think this API shouldn't be even more encouraged.  It doesn't
really fix things in an elegant way, and it doesn't help for other
pending issues in the GCC tree (such as the multilib fixups that aren't
applied in all cases; report coming up).

I agree. However, I did not have any alternative idea when I started using extrasub, and do not have one now. :-(

Well maybe, but I'm not sure whether we want another rush, nor why we
need to decide this alongside with the extrasub issue.  override.m4
is also about relaxing release order requirements, no?

Yes, though I'd rather not put anything more than 15-20 lines long in override.m4.

Paolo