Re: conftest.j

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: conftest.j
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 22:01:17 +0200

Hello Josef,

* Josef Vukovic wrote on Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 02:40:24PM CEST:
> I have problems configuring with a configure script a gnu software
> (gnuradio)
> ./confiugre fails with an error.
> Does someone knows where I can find conftest.f it seems the reason of
> failure is in it
>
> You can have a look at this paste http://paste.lisp.org/display/84989 if you
> want.

This:
  configure:20003: checking Python.h usability
  configure:20003: g77 -c -g -O2 conftest.f >&5
  In file included from conftest.f:0:
  conftest.f:16: error: undefined or invalid # directive

looks like the configure.ac file from which this configure script was
generated, has some serious issues.  It seems to lack an AC_PROG_CC or
AC_LANG_PUSH([C]) before the Python.h header check.  Can you post a link
to the source tarball you are trying to configure?

> I have also some questions reagarding the Platrom part of ./configure where
> I get a lot of unkonwn statements. For example my system don't has a uname
> -X option. Are the Platform testings only informative or are they used
> anywhere to do important things.

> You can have a look at this paste http://paste.lisp.org/display/85120

These commands are all tried, but some of them work only on some
systems.  Nothing to worry about.

Hope that helps.