Re: Choosing not to install documentation

From: Kirk Strauser
Subject: Re: Choosing not to install documentation
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:11:43 -0500

On Jun 26, 2009, at 11:52 AM, Alfred M. Szmidt wrote:

You need to add --disable-installdocs to _all_ packages that use
autoconf, this is non-trivial.

Speaking in the general case, my somewhat easier to handle package aside: wouldn't that be just another autoconf macro?

A side note is that it is also the wrong place for such a switch, since documentation has little to do with configure time setups, but how one installs the package.

No moreso than providing the docdir setting itself, surely?

But at any rate, I think I've found a solution that works for me and certainly don't intend to ask GNU to rework autotools for my sole benefit? :-) Thanks, all!
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies