Re: Libtool and mode=compile

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Libtool and mode=compile
Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 08:02:00 +0200

Hello Edgar, and welcome,

* Edgar Ricardo Gonzalez Lazaro wrote on Sat, May 09, 2009 at 05:26:48AM CEST:
> Well, I am  writing web services with Axis2c I have built successfully
> one and is deployed on Apache2 and the Simple HTTP Server which is
> included with Axis2c distribution. But as usual with C, is falling with
> a segmentation fault, :D, this is not the problem, in fact i don't know
> if this is the place to make my question, but i am trying to set the
> "--mode=compile" flag to "--mode=execute gdb" for libtool because when i
> am debugging my web service i can't reach with gdb the code of the
> dynamic linked library which is my web service.
>
> I hope to be clear enough!

Hmm, I don't quite understand the nature of your problem yet.  If all
you're asking for is how to invoke the debugger with libtool, then try
something like this in your build tree:
  ./libtool --mode=execute gdb ./web-service

(you might need to adjust the path to libtool and the program name;
you might also have to pass -dlopen some-module.la for uninstalled
modules).

By the way, Libtool has its own set of mailing lists apart from
Autoconf, and this particular topic would have fit better on its
list.

If instead you are asking about the nature of the segmentation fault
that you are seeing, then I think this is something that has to do
either with the code you have written, or with the code you are using
from Axis2c or Apache2, and I'm afraid we can't really help you with
those.