Re: configure error

From: Joey Mingrone
Subject: Re: configure error
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 12:07:32 -0700

Hello Ralf;

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 10:35, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> Please check whether the files in the package tarball had time stamps in
> the future (relative to the time when you were building).  In that case,
> it may be the distributor's system clock that is wrong.

They seem OK.  All the files in the tarball are from March 18th of this year.

>  Or you are
> building in a directory which has whitespace in the name (this has been
> fixed only recently in Automake).

No whitespace in the name.

> If neither appears to be the case, then it is probably helpful to add
>  set -x
>
> as second line to the configure script and rerun it >log 2>&1, search
> for the error message in the log file, and post the twenty some lines
> of output before it.

The lines around the error are below and in case I missed something
important I put the whole log file up at
http://mingrone.org/misc/parcellite-0.9.1/log

checking whether build environment is sane... + sleep 1
+ echo timestamp
+ ls -Lt ./configure conftest.file
+ set X conftest.file ./configure
+ test X conftest.file ./configure = X
+ rm -f conftest.file
+ test X conftest.file ./configure != X ./configure
conftest.file
+ test X conftest.file ./configure != X conftest.file
./configure
+ printf %s\n configure:2069: error: ls -t appears to fail.  Make sure
there is not a broken
alias in your environment
+ printf %s\n configure: error: ls -t appears to fail.  Make sure
there is not a broken
alias in your environment
configure: error: ls -t appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
alias in your environment
+ exit 1
+ exit 1
+ printf %s\n configure:2082: error: newly created file is older than
distributed files!
Check your system clock
+ printf %s\n configure: error: newly created file is older than
distributed files!
Check your system clock
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock
+ exit 1
+ exit 1
+ exit_status=1