configure error

From: Joey Mingrone
Subject: configure error
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:44:48 -0700

Hello;

I'm attempting create a FreeBSD port from an application that was
developed mainly for linux.  The original author did use autoconf so
this will make porting easier.

One problem that I'm having trouble solving is that the configure
script fails with the following error:

checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/local/bin/ginstall -c
checking whether build environment is sane... configure: error: ls -t
appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
alias in your environment
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

The system clock is fine and there are no broken aliases.

Has anyone encountered a problem like this?  If it helps, I've made
the original source, including configure.in and Makiefile.am files,
available at http://mingrone.org/misc/parcellite-0.9.1

Thanks for any help in advance.

Joey