Re: autoheader deprecated?

From: Christophe-Marie Duquesne
Subject: Re: autoheader deprecated?
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 19:44:30 +0200

Thank you very much. The answer is perfectly clear.

If I get this well, the reason why my public interface should not
include config.h is that the users of my library would thus inherit
macros defined in it, which can be a bad thing for them (for example
my config.h could define FOOBAR and they specifically don't want
FOOBAR to be defined).

It seems perfectly clear to me that if I keep the '#include
<config.h>' in a private part, this is safe for the end user.

> Or you have two generated headers, one by autoheader (which has all the
> defines, and is used only internally), and another, where the template
> file is generated manually by you, and which only lists
> #undef MACRO

Thank you for pointing me that.

--
Christophe-Marie Duquesne