Re: biginner in an embedded program

From: Alberto Luaces
Subject: Re: biginner in an embedded program
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:55:28 +0200

Hello Nicolas,

El Lunes 27 Abril 2009ES 12:13:50 ORMANCEY Nicolas escribió:
>             Can I insert the macro on the project to level configure.ac or
> Makefile.in or should I insert it in the directory of the code that uses
> the header.

If I understand you correctly, you have to use some additional library in
order to compile RTOS for your system.

To do so, you have to add macros to configure.ac to find the library and the
header files, and pass that information to Automake.

You would then use the information that Autoconf gathered in the file
Makefile.am. Note that you have to modify the *am* file and not the *in*,
because the latter is the result of Automake operation. There could be cases
where it only exists Makefile.in, but I think it¡s not yours. As you say,
you'd typically use that libraries in the directory were the library is used.

I hope that I haven't missed anything, but I'm sure the rest of the list will
complete this information if it were the case.

Regards,

Alberto