Re: RFC: proposed GPLv3 license exception draft

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: RFC: proposed GPLv3 license exception draft
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 17:17:54 -0500

    minimally verbose, non-debugging and non-tracing output

I'm not sure whether "minimally verbose" means "not verbose at all" or
"only a low level of verbosity".  I'm further confused because I
associate "verbose" with -v, but I didn't think affected the output,
only the reporting to stdout/err.

Is "minimally verbose" supposed to just be a generalization of
"non-debugging" and "non-tracing"?

    "Eligible Output Material" may be comprised only of Covered Code
    that (a) must necessarily appear in Autoconf-generated configure
    scripts and (b) is required for those configure scripts to function.

What about blank lines, comments, extra white space in the generated
configure scripts?  They aren't "required" for functioning, and the
definition says (a) "and" (b).  Yet clearly they should be Covered.

karl