Re: [Autotest] Prefixing commands launched by AT_CHECK

From: Thomas Moulard
Subject: Re: [Autotest] Prefixing commands launched by AT_CHECK
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 14:00:34 +0200

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 1:49 PM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:

> According to Thomas Moulard on 4/12/2009 8:01 PM:
>> However, I still have an issue with the other scenario (MinGW
>> cross-compiling):
>> in that case, my binaries are suffixed with '.exe'.
>>
>> Is is easy to make Autotest aware of EXEEXT, however AT_TESTED does not
>> do what I want:
>>
>> atlocal.in:
>>  EXEEXT="@EXEEXT";
>
> Missing a close @?  Here, the "" are redundant since @EXEEXT@ will never
> expand to multiple shell words.

Yes, thanks.

>>  export EXEEXT;
>>
>> simple-test.at:
>>  # [...]
>>  AT_TESTED([simple-test$EXEEXT])
>> Is there any way to work around this issue?
>
> Unfortunately, AT_TESTED treats its arguments as literals.  This complaint
> has come up in the past, and the idea was to introduce AT_TESTED_NOESCAPE
> that allows shell expansion rather than escaping the metacharacters, but
> no one has written a patch.

I see.

About the "which" issue, Valgrind does not need an absolute path, it is just
that I used to rely on the fact that my binaries are always in my PATH.
Using atconfig values (ie: abs_top_builddir) should allow me to build
a valid relative path in each AT_CHECK. It will juste be a little less
flexible.

Thanks for your help,
--
Thomas Moulard