include paths and doxygen

From: Philip Herron
Subject: include paths and doxygen
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 11:34:37 +0000

Hey

This is my first post to this mailing list :). I love autoconf but
still quite new to it. But wondering if your doing something like:

AC_CHECK_LIB([xml2], [xmlTextReaderGetAttribute])

This will return me the -lxml2 for linking the library but the include
path is different i need to do -I/usr/include/libxml2. I usualy get
this from pkg-config in a simple Makefile i was using:

$ xml2-config --cflags --libs

-I/usr/include/libxml2
-lxml2

Is there a way to also get that include path?

Also is there a way to do something like:

AC_PROG_DOXYGEN

And add an extra make rule in Makefile.am or other wise:

doxygen: Doxyfile
             $(DOXYGEN) Doxyfile

I guess these must be quite basic questions but i am reading up on it :)

Thanks

-Phil
http://redbrain.co.uk