Re: silly question about editor

From: John Calcote
Subject: Re: silly question about editor
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:25:28 -0700

Alejandro,

Dig out the M4 manual and read the first chapter. M4 is much like the C preprocessor in many ways. In C, if you put a space between a macro name and the opening paren in the definition, the preprocessor won't recognize the macro as a function-like macro either. How do you handle this situation in your source code? I suggest that the answer is that you're more comfortable with the rules of the CPP than you are with those of M4. Once you increase your comfort level a bit with M4, you'll find that many of these types of problems just disappear.

Regards,
John