Re: Release with fix for erlang.m4 bug?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Release with fix for erlang.m4 bug?
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 16:30:08 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, Samuel Tesla wrote:

I'd love to release a patch with my software, but the license that has been chosen is LGPL (since it's a framework), so I don't want to distribute a GPL-licensed source file (or patch to one) along with it.

Are you afraid that you might be required to distribute the source code for this source file in your source package in order for people to be able to have it? I agree that this is a quite onerous provision of GPL.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn