Re: cache problem

From: Olly Betts
Subject: Re: cache problem
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 01:40:36 +0000 (UTC)

On 2008-10-16, Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> How do you get two concurrent configure scripts updating the same
> config.cache file?

Open terminal (or screen) windows for two subdirectories of the combined
tree and in each modify a file which causes configure to be rerun (e.g.
Makefile.am if using automake) and then run "make".

(Not a contrived example - this is how I work most of the time.  I use
the combined tree because we have a bootstrap script which sets things
up for testing "in tree" which is simpler and less error-prone than
having to remember to "make install" on the dependencies of the module
you want to test).

Cheers,
    Olly