Re: [autoconf 2.63] 95 of 353 tests fail

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [autoconf 2.63] 95 of 353 tests fail
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 16:52:08 +0100

On Thursday 18 September 2008 06:07:28 'Ralf Wildenhues' wrote:
> > > I have performed a search for a conftest.obj file and it does
> > > not exist.  As I mentioned in an earlier email, build of
> > > libtool failed to produce any .obj files.
> > >
> > > I have installed MinGW.  Does it not have gcc? If not, how do I
> > > ensure make check is using gcc?  (I am new to this build
> > > environment.)
> >
> > You may be better off asking these sorts of questions on the
> > mingw list, then.
>
> Maybe, but the issue Howard reported looks pretty clearly like an
> Autoconf one.  I'll try to get my w32 up and running again, maybe
> this weekend, to reproduce his issue.

FWIW Ralf, I've just built autoconf-2.63 on an MSYS-1.0.11 box at
work.  No errors in building.  I've left the testsuite running, but
will not be able to report the final result until Monday; (I don't
use msw on my own boxes).

So far, (it has reached test #230), eleven tests have been skipped:
(26, 27, 28, 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 183, 184 and 218), and there
has been one expected failure: (91); all the rest have reported `ok'.

Regards,
Keith.