RE: make -s, how to make it quiet?

From: Joakim Tjernlund
Subject: RE: make -s, how to make it quiet?
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2008 23:38:54 +0200

On Sun, 2008-09-07 at 10:23 -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, Joakim Tjernlund wrote:
>
> > So I see that out builds uses automake 1.4-p6, maybe that is too old?
>
> Perhaps Ralf could point out when (date and version) fixes were made to
> make the -s option work.
>
> (All I recall at the moment is some long-ago discussion where this feature
> was being refused on the ground that it would make bug-reports harder to
> analyze ;-)

Funny, we want -s to find bugs!

Anyhow, I am upgrading to newer automake but I get a ton of:
ecn_ss/ecn_ppp_bl/Makefile.am:52: pppd_LDADD must be set with `=' before using
`+='
ne/ecn_ss/ecn_ppp_bl/Makefile.am:57: relayd_LDADD must be set with `=' before
using `+='

Is there any way make newer automake accept those?

     Jocke