Re: Check for boost_graph library

From: Johan Oudinet
Subject: Re: Check for boost_graph library
Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 18:39:02 +0200

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 5:34 PM, Johan Oudinet <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I use the Boost Graph Library (BGL) for my software, and I link to the
> boost_graph library.
> I already use a m4 macro - from autoconf-archive - to check if the BGL
> headers are present, but this macro doesn't link to libboost_graph.a
> I tried this:
> # Boost headers (from autoconf-archive)
> AX_BOOST_BASE([1.33])
> # Boost graph library
> AC_LANG_PUSH(C++)
> AC_CHECK_LIB([boost_graph], [read_graphviz], , AC_MSG_ERROR([This
> package needs libboost_graph]))
> AC_LANG_POP
>
> Unfortunately, the generated code is wrong (since it doesn't use the
> right signature for read_graphviz).
>
> Any idea ?

I found a workaround by using a default function (like exit) to check
if libboost_graph exists. Now it works with AC_CHECK_LIB but not with
AC_SEARCH_LIBS because the exit function doesn't need any library.
Since I know this library is mandatory for the read_graphviz function,
it's OK. But I would know how to check the presence of a function
defined in a namespace, or with template parameters ?

--
Johan