autotest

From: Rikki Duncan
Subject: autotest
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 11:20:30 -0600

I have written an autotest test that compiles and runs successfully.  I have
even managed to get the make distcheck to run successfully as well.  I do
however, have a few questions.
Is there a way to make your testsuite automatically find the executable you are
trying to run without putting the path directly in .at?  Also is
there a way to make autotest find the program you just built without doing a
make install before a make check? Or
do you have to do a make install before the make check no matter what? And my
last question is, what is the difference
between AC_CHECK and AT_TESTED when it comes to environment variables?  It
appears that AT_TESTED does not accept environment variables or I might be
making a false assumption. Can anyone
explain how these to variables operate and how they work with environment
variables?