Site configuration files and configure defaults

From: Tim Post
Subject: Site configuration files and configure defaults
Date: Sun, 11 May 2008 10:34:32 +0800

Hello again,

I have been reading the Autoconf documentation regarding site specific
configuration files.

I have been trying to find a way to change sysconfdir to just be
${sysconfdir}, not ${prefix}/${sysconfdir}. I'd like to set that as a
configure default for my program.

I see that this is easy to change with site configuration files on the
part of the user, but I don't see a way to change the configure
defaults.

Is there a proper way to do this so that I don't override a users site
configuration file?

Many thanks in advance for any tips or links to additional
documentation. I'm sure that this is easy, I just can't seem to find it
in the manual.

Regards,
--Tim

--