Re: Checking g77 or gfortan calling convention for c++

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Checking g77 or gfortan calling convention for c++
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:46:00 -0400

On 11-Mar-2008, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:

| I see two possibilities: First, try matching declarations: compile a
| code snippet that includes the library header, then re-declare the
| function using each way in turn.  The matching one will not trigger a
| conflicting declaration error.

Typically there are no header files providing C/C++ declarations for
Fortran functions.

| Second, you can try to link a small program using one or the other
| convention against the library.

Linking is not enough.  I think you'd have to run a program and see if
it works by checking to see that the correct result is returned from
the function.  The test program may also crash when run if the calling
conventions are mixed.

jwe