Multiple configurations in single configure script

From: Tatu Kilappa
Subject: Multiple configurations in single configure script
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:47:56 +0200

I'd want to ask if this is possible at all.

I'm having a slightly complex build that has several parts. Each part
should generate it's own Makefile in the right directory. However, i
have no desire to run configure multiple times, which is why I'm asking
about a setup that looks kind of as follows:

# Save C flags before doing specific configuration.
CXXFLAGS_SAVE=[$CXXFLAGS]
LDFLAGS_SAVE=[$LDFLAGS]
LIBS_SAVE=[LIBS]
CONFIGURATION_STUFF(...)
AC_OUTPUT_FILES(subdir1/Makefile.am)
AC_OUTPUT

CXXFLAGS=[$CXXFLAGS_SAVE]
MORE_CONFIGURATION_STUFF(...)
AC_OUTPUT_FILES(subdir2/Makefile.am)
AC_OUTPUT

However, on the second call to AC_OUTPUT, the script writes the first
makefile too, effectively destroying the configuration that was in
place before it was called. Thus, what I need to ask is if it's
possible to do anything like this at all, or should I just stick the
different parts of the whole package into different configuration
scripts?

In other words, can I remove any file that was added in a previous
call to AC_OUTPUT_FILES?

Thank you in advance.

--
-Tatu Kilappa <address@hidden>