Configuring the linker

From: Diluka Moratuwage
Subject: Configuring the linker
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 23:57:40 +0530

Hi all,
I'm using a gnu cross compiler to compile one of my projects. I'm using ./configure , make and make install in order to build my product. The problem I'm having is that, I want to execute a custom linker. Anybody knows any variable which I should set, in order to call a non-default linker. For example in my case, I need to explicitely set the linker as, arm-none-linux-gnueabi-ld, how can I set it in a variable in configure.ac file ? Any thoughts, highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Diluka.