Re: if (...) then; AC_PROG_CC else AC_PROG_CC fi doesn't work?

From: Brooks Moses
Subject: Re: if (...) then; AC_PROG_CC else AC_PROG_CC fi doesn't work?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 23:10:35 -0700

Eric Blake wrote:
Brooks Moses <brooks.moses <at> codesourcery.com> writes:
Thanks! Unfortunately, however, that "fixes" it by breaking the desired functionality. The point of enable_foo is not the echo statements, but the fact that AC_PROG_CC uses the "[gcc]" list when foo is enabled, and uses the default program list when foo is disabled.

gcc is already the first compiler checked, so your attempt to specify gcc merely repeats what is already the default. (Oh, maybe what you are trying to do is give up if gcc is not found? Or maybe you aren't posting the real problem you are having?)

See also: "minimal example". :)

The actual case uses [ppu-gcc gcc cc], and "enable-foo" is actually an option to enable code that uses the Cell coprocessors. It will likely in the future get more complicated by using that for the native compile and use just [ppu-gcc] for the cross-compile. And it's also doing both C and C++, but that doesn't matter to this AFAICT.

Apologies for not being clearer about why I was doing this (I used "gcc" because I was trying to make a more-portable minimal example), and thanks for your help!

- Brooks