strange choice of compiler on HP-UX

From: Joao Miguel Ferreira
Subject: strange choice of compiler on HP-UX
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 15:30:07 +0100

Hello all,

On my project we have both C and C++ files to compile.

On the first part 'make' compiles C files and builds a lib
After that it compiles C++ files and builds another lib.

during ./configure it finds:

cc for the C compiler part and
aCC for the C++ part
checking for awk... awk
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for cc option to accept ISO C89... none needed
checking dependency style of cc... hp
checking for g++... no
checking for c++... no
checking for gpp... no
checking for aCC... aCC
checking whether we are using the GNU C++ compiler... no
checking whether aCC accepts -g...............

after that 'make' uses cc for the c files and aCC for the C++.

Question: How do I tell the tools to use only aCC for both types of
files, when compiling on an HPUX (we also build on Linux/gcc and
Solaris/gcc) ?

thanks

joao
jmf

PS: the cc is a link in /usr/bin that point to /opt/ansic/bin/cc !!! I
am not root of this system :-(