Re: FYI webpage update

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: FYI webpage update
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 18:49:19 +0300

At Fri, 24 Aug 2007 14:51:40 -0600,
Eric Blake wrote at address@hidden:

> Does anyone know how the pig latin and sweedish chef translation
> pages were generated, or should we delete those now that they are
> out of date?

As a general rule, please don't remove translations only because
they're outdated.  Currently there is no easy way for translators to
get notified when a particular page has been updated, although we're
working on it.  OTOH, I doubt that any of the teams are paying serious
attention for pages under /software.

But I highly doubt that this funny stuff could count as translations:

> +<!-- Sweedish (Chef) -->
> +<li><a href="/software/autoconf/autoconf.alt-sc.html">Sweedish
> (Chef)</a></li>
> +<!-- Latin (Pig) -->

Webmasters, what do you think?  I suggest to link to them somewhere
from the /fun pages, while at the same time removing the links from
the Autoconf home page.  Or just delete them, I'm not sure.  They're
so weird that it's hard to figure out what's TRT...