Re: autoreconf vs autogen.sh

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: autoreconf vs autogen.sh
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:51:20 +0200

On Aug 27, 2007, at 9:44 AM, Roman Rybalko wrote:

I've inherited an autotools-using project and am trying to learn more
about
autoconf and automake.  The project has used the following brief
autogen.sh:

aclocal && autoheader && autoconf && automake --add-missing --copy

Is there any reason I can't just use autoreconf, which I understand is
supposed to fill this role?
yes, using autoreconf --install (or autoreconf --force --verbose
--install) is usually the recommended way unless you have very
specific needs.
when I have to include some m4s in m4 dir how I can specify -I m4 option
to aclocal through autoreconf ?

Hello Roman,

(please avoid Top-Posting: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top- posting#Top-posting)

aclocal will use the value of ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in your top-level Makefile.am, so you can do something like:
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I build-aux

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory