Re: as_func_failure succeeds on FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.2

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: as_func_failure succeeds on FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.2
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 08:28:27 +0200

Hello Benoit,

* Benoit SIGOURE wrote on Fri, Aug 24, 2007 at 06:53:45PM CEST:
> For the records, with a stock FreeBSD 5.5 and 6.2 (and thus, stock /
> bin/sh) I get the following:
>
> as_func_failure succeeded.
> as_func_failure succeeded.

Which zsh version?  Could you add
  set -x

as second line of the configure script, run it, and post the complete
output (packed with bzip2 or gzip), please?  Thanks.

> I don't know how configure looks for a shell that supports functions
> but I know that I have at least ZSH installed (/usr/local/bin/zsh)
> and in my $PATH so it's weird that configure doesn't find (at least)
> this shell.

configure searches $PATH.  I think it's some zsh version that provokes
the above warning, at least that's where I've seen it before.  AFAICS
/bin/sh is rejected due to $LINENO.