Re: test in a m4 macro and variable created from pushdef

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: test in a m4 macro and variable created from pushdef
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 22:19:53 +0100

On Wednesday 15 August 2007 06:28, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> > Finally, I've compile autoconf (cvs). Remark that the documentation
> > fails on mingw. If you want the error, I can paste it somewhere.
>
> I think it's merely due to the old texinfo version that comes with
> MinGW.

That seems likely.  Groff has a similar problem, requiring a makeinfo
version >= 4.8, while MSYS currently provides only 4.3.

FWIW, I've just successfully used MinGW to build the makeinfo component
from texinfo-4.9, and used it to build texinfo's own documentation set;
it required only a trivial patch in two source files, to deal with the
disparity between Microsnot's _mkdir() function, and POSIX's mkdir().
However, the remainder of the texinfo-4.9 package is a much more
daunting proposition, with info itself requiring termcap/terminfo
capabilities which are not readily supported in Woe32 consoles.

I'll try to create a mingwPORT for makeinfo-4.9, and post it on the
MinGW download site, this weekend.

Regards,
Keith.