Re: probing for compiler attributes?

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: probing for compiler attributes?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 01:21:48 +0200

On Aug 7, 2007, at 11:49 PM, Joshua Hoblitt wrote:

Is there a pre-canned AC macro or other reliable means of testing for
compiler attributes?

I have an awful lot of code that looks something like this:

        void *myfunc(char *myvar
        #ifdef __GNUC__
        ) __attribute__((malloc));
        # else // ifdef __GNUC__
        );
        #endif // ifdef __GNUC__

and it has to the potential to get a lot worse if I have to start testing
for what version of GNUC we have to use a new attribute.  While I
realize this could all be done with CPP macros it occurred to me it would
be nice to have this information available from config.h.

Hi,
The (unofficial) autoconf macro archive has a couple of macros to test some of these, see:
http://autoconf-archive.cryp.to/macros-by-category.html
search for `attribute'.

I hope this helps.

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory