beginner problem: ./configure can't find my headers in Solaris

From: Joao Miguel Ferreira
Subject: beginner problem: ./configure can't find my headers in Solaris
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 13:45:43 +0100

Hello,

another bump in may way through Solaris...

it seems the ./configure of my helloworld application does not find the
header files of the LIB it needs to work (libbabel and some lang*.h
headers)

It works just fine on Linux and HP-UX. I'm quite sure the lib is
installed and the headers are instaled (I installed them all). Both
Linux and HP-UX are able to find them. Solaris isn't.

I guess this should be some kind of /path/to/includes problem... well...
maybe I will also bump into a /path/to/libs problem too..

Please see snipet bellow:

--------------

checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes

checking langs.h usability... no
checking langs.h presence... no
checking for langs.h... no
configure: error: libbabel headers not found

-bash-3.00$ ls /usr/local/include/
lang_en.h  lang_fr.h  lang_pt.h  langs.h

-bash-3.00$

thank you

Joao