Re: Does autoconf 2.61 recognise AC_PROG_LIBTOOL?

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: Does autoconf 2.61 recognise AC_PROG_LIBTOOL?
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 10:22:04 +0200

Hello Craig,

* Craig Sanders wrote on Fri, Jun 15, 2007 at 10:06:57AM CEST:

> I have just installed automake 1.10 and autoconf 2.61 on my system. I
> am developing a package which uses GNU Autotools and the configure.ac
> file for my package contains the following line ;
>
> AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>
> When I run autoconf it complains, giving me the following message ;
>
> configure.ac:57: error: possibly undefined macro: AC_PROG_LIBTOOL
>       If this token and others are legitimate, please use m4_pattern_allow.
>       See the Autoconf documentation.

Suppose your new Auto{conf,make} are installed below /usr/local, and you
want to use the third-party (Libtool counts as such here) macro files,
which I suppose live below /usr/share/aclocal, then you can get your new
aclocal to find them for example by adding the line
  /usr/share/aclocal

to the file
  /usr/local/share/aclocal/dirlist

Hope that helps.