Re: Darwin universal binaries and LDFLAGS conundrum

From: Peter O'Gorman
Subject: Re: Darwin universal binaries and LDFLAGS conundrum
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 13:54:14 -0500

On Thu, 2007-05-24 at 14:16 -0400, Martin-Gilles Lavoie wrote:
> On 23 mai 2007, at 10:03, Martin-Gilles Lavoie wrote:

> This is just an update on the status of my problem for you guys to be
> curious at. At this moment, I'm waiting for some info from the
> BerkeleyDB guys (their autoconf environment in particular). There's
> not much you guys can act upon but some details I've uncovered
> recently might be of interest to some readers of this list.

In dist run `sh ./s_config' to regenerate configure from the .ac files
in aclocal if you need to. This should work fine with recent autotools.

> I've learned a few things in the past few days as far as this thing
> is concerned. For one, Tiger and Leopard environment differ in
> significant ways; not that I didn't expect otherwise but the extent
> of the changes still surprised me.

I can not discuss features of Leopard on this list, you should not
either. I will mention however, that leopard tools will include OS SDKs
the same as previous versions of the OS. These SDKs will probably, as in
prior versions be optional installs. The difference will be, of course,
that leopard will have a 10.5 sdk, but tiger not. This is public
knowledge/guesswork and is not a breach of my non-disclosure agreement.

Peter