Re: AC_PROG_CC with absolute path

From: Matthew Woehlke
Subject: Re: AC_PROG_CC with absolute path
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 10:48:02 -0500

Harald Servat wrote:
  I'm trying to provide a compiler to this macro (using it's name and
the full path name) when some special conditions occur but as it isn't
on the default $PATH, AC_PROG_CC skips it.

  Right now, I can only find two solutions. Just add the the directory
that contains this compiler to the $PATH or set CC (in the configure.ac)
with this compiler when those conditions happen.
  First approach isn't quite user-friendly because each time I want to
run configure I have to touch the PATH variable. The latter would skip a
new compiler given by the user through CC environment variable when
invoking configure.

I'm not clear what's wrong with option 1. Can't you set PATH in the configure script? I would guess you can check these "conditions" and only tinker with it when they occur, even. Why is this "unfriendly"?

--
Matthew
Obscurity: +5