RE: autoreconf warning message: autom4te: cannot lockautom4te.cache/requ

From: David Byron
Subject: RE: autoreconf warning message: autom4te: cannot lockautom4te.cache/requests with mode 2: Invalid argument
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 21:07:29 -0700

On Monday, March 12, 2007, Andreas Schwab wrote:

> "David Byron" <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > The subject says it all.  I'm getting a warning message
> > running autoreconf that I've never seen before.  Here's
> > the full output:
> >
> > $ autoreconf -fvi
> > autoreconf: Entering directory `.'
> > autoreconf: configure.ac: not using Gettext
> > autoreconf: running: aclocal --force -I m4
> > autom4te: cannot lock autom4te.cache/requests with mode 2:
> > Invalid argument
> [...]
> > I see these warnings on an HP-UX 11 machine.
>
> Looks like your perl does not properly implement flock.
> See sub lock in Autom4te/XFile.pm.

Makes sense.  I built perl from source using as many defaults as I could
when configuring.  It seems like I can safely ignore this warning.  Is that
right?  If so, does it make sense to suppress the message altogether?  If
not, are there any suggestions either for how to built perl differently or
some other way to deal with this?

Thanks much.  Sorry for all the questions.  I'm new to HP-UX and building
perl with my own two hands.

-DB