Re: ERROR: end of file in string (SOLVED)

From: Benjamin Reed
Subject: Re: ERROR: end of file in string (SOLVED)
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 17:22:24 -0500

On 3/7/07, Benjamin Reed <address@hidden> wrote:
I'm trying to do an autoreconf in the gnome-doc source, and I'm
getting this error:

---(snip!)---
NONE:0: /pangocairo/bin/gm4: ERROR: end of file in string
autom4te: /pangocairo/bin/gm4 failed with exit status: 1

it turns out pilot-link 0.12.2 comes with a malformed .m4 file that
starts with this:

AC_DEFUN([IT_PROG_INTLTOOL], [AC_PREREQ([2.50])dnl

which is, uhh... obviously malformed.

On the other hand, autoreconf gave no useful debugging info to figure
this out, even in trace mode.  I had to resort to ktrace (osx's
equivalent of strace) to do so...