Re: How to cancel flags set by AC_LANG_WERROR?

From: Keith MARSHALL
Subject: Re: How to cancel flags set by AC_LANG_WERROR?
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 11:57:12 +0000

Andrey Simonenko wrote, quoting Ralf Wildenhues:
>> We have two choices: document ac_LANG_werror_flag, or add accessor
>> macros.  (Or document the current limitation and be done with it.)
>> WDYT?
>
> I think that a new macro should be added.
>
> Something like this (may be AC_LANG_NO_WERROR should check that
> AC_LANG_WERROR was used before?):

Or maybe, modify the definition of AC_LANG_WERROR itself, allowing it to
accept an optional ON/OFF argument?  Then:

  - AC_LANG_WERROR([ON]) would have the same effect as the existing
    behaviour, and would be the default for backward compatibility,
    so continuing to support use without any argument.

  - AC_LANG_WERROR([OFF]) would cancel the effect of any prior use
    of AC_LANG_WERROR([ON]), (or would simply have no effect if not
    previously ON, and could be silently ignored).

Just a thought, but seems somehow cleaner than having two complementary
macros, IMHO.

Regards,
Keith.